Sunday, April 29, 2018

Baba Black Sheep ...2018

"Baba black sheep, have you any wool?"

     "Yes Sir, Yes Sir; o'er their eyes I pull
       I claim to lead, and they're eager to follow -
       with emotions and issues that have them harrowed
       In a dark tunnel, they seek a light
       My mysticism gives hope for their plight
       Unusual garb is what I then adorn
       Hair growing wild ... or, completely shorn
       Big words, rites, rituals, and incense sometimes
       My followers think their leader is divine
       Captive in my grip, their minds get weaker
       They pull in more, my commune gets bigger

       Alas for me, some see through my game
       They tell the truth and put me to shame
       How they were controlled in mind and body
       And surrendered to my every whim and fancy

        I'm now the Humpty Dumpty on the wall
        One by one, my types will fall
        My subjects are now learning to reason,
        to smell the fresh air, and colors of the seasons"
        



No comments: